Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spiritual Warfare

Tomorrow was to be the last day for the last of our "tutors", Miss Anna. However, a few minutes ago she presented Joyce with a paper from some Honduran government agency that said we owed her 10,000 limpera as her 'worker's rights'! This is a young woman who was hired to work 9-4 with a one hour lunch 5 days a week. From the very beginning she and her co-worker took everything they could get away with and ended up taking 1-1/2 lunches everyday and leaving early everyday. I permitted it because I wanted this to be something and somewhere they wanted to be so the children would get their best efforts. I was extremely naive!

At Christmas time they came to me with the demand that they were entitled to two weeks vacation at the end of the year, so we gave it to them without and begrudging. But this was more than I could take...this was theft in my eyes regardless of what the government regulations said. She knew she never worked a full day, she knew she lied to get days off, she knew she lied about the work that was not getting done when I wasn't here, and now she felt "entitled" to 10,000 limps!

I paid her, but I did tell her she was setting herself up for a large disappointment...I told her she knew, we knew, and certainly God knows that she has not come close to fulfilling the job description she agreed to in the beginning and at some point she would be paying a very large penalty for taking 10,000 limps from this family for work not performed.

This is spiritual warfare at its' best...Satan using others to get inside our minds to make us focus on things that will do us no good and leave us distracted from focusing on God, his goal is to agitate us to the point that we 'choose' to dwell on negatives rather than the promises of God...and sometimes, he's very, very effective. I admit that this has gotten under my skin pretty deeply. I don't take lightly the fact that we just 'threw away' $500 (10,000 limps) and unfortunately my red neck doesn't quickly enough get over being taken to the cleaners by someone too lazy to work for their living. I should mention this couple live with his parents and he hasn't worked in over two years...I tried to hire him to help drill, but he couldn't get out of bed on time and after three tries I gave up on him.

My prayer is that after this rambling "vomit" that I'm writing I'll be able to erase this from my memory and move on. I'm sorry you all had to catch my regurgitation, but that's what Aarons & Hurs are for!

No comments:

Post a Comment