Sunday, January 17, 2010

Checking off the days

Well, we're halfway home...Joyce has been gone for 9 days now and in 9 more she'll be home again. I'm absolutely positive she will be welcomed home unlike any other reunion. The kids keep asking, "Why Joyce not home?"

We made it up, got breakfast, dressed, had our Bible Study, and made it to church on time...pretty good for 10 kids and one slow old man. At one point in our church services we always have a praise time for people to take the mike and give the Lord praise for something that's occurred in their lives. This morning, to my surprise, Fabiola took the mike and thanked the Hoffs for loaning us their van and the Gilens for bringing pizza one night. Everyone was shocked at her English and her composure. Pretty cool!

Tonight we had our Sunday night staple, spaghetti. Two pounds of spaghetti and every noodle gets eaten! I have no idea what I'll make for tomorrow night, but I have a long time to think about it...for now the dishes are done, baths have been given/taken and all are in bed but me and the three oldest. And as soon as this posts we'll be there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment