Tuesday, October 13, 2009

No Stroll in the Park

No matter how difficult things get in the U.S., don't complain it could be Honduras! I told you a week or so ago that I finally had the truck legal and was finished with the hassling. Turns out they were just playing with me...I spent most of today standing in line, again! Seems the Hondurans invented this...today I was supposed to get the plates for the truck and then it would be over.

You must've guessed that I didn't get the plates! I only got the papers to go to another office for another paper. Oh, they did give me a temporary driving permit that was good for two days; then they told me I could get the plates in eight days! When I asked what would happen after the two days they told me the truck would be towed.

Now, I know that you know what comes next...the bribe! If I pay 1000 lempiras I can get the plates tomorrow...since I really have no choice, guess what I'll do...PAY AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment