Sunday, October 4, 2009

God's connections

At church today the worship leader was a Filipino woman who asked for prayer for the tsunami victims. After church I approached her to tell her Joyce, the children, and myself were praying for some personal friends there, the children of the Traballos, missionaries we help to support there. She asked about the children and where they were going to school. When I explained their situation and that they were too far behind grade level to enter school, and that we were trying to tutor them she said, "I'm a teacher and I have my own bi-lingual school. Perhaps I could come on Saturdays and give the kids a reading lesson, or phonics which is my specialty." I told her we had a child, Pedro, with a speech defect and that we could definitely use help getting the children evaluated.

She told me she was sure she could gather some of her Christian teacher friends and come to the house, perhaps every other Saturday, and work with the children! This could be nothing short of a miracle if it comes to fruition, and I completely believe it will!

Ain't God great?

No comments:

Post a Comment