Thursday, October 8, 2009

More Honduran Justice System

This morning Gershon, Fabiola, Mauricio, Marvin (translator), & myself left home at 7:00 a.m. to go to the District Attorney's office. Once there we sat & waited for the child psychologist who would prep the children for questioning and cross examination in a courtroom procedure (he never showed). Finally at 8:30 we headed for what is effectively the Appellate Court in Honduras to await a hearing gathering more evidence for the arrest of Father Vincente. We we arrived at the court house we were told the hearing would be delayed because Father Vincente and his lawyer had not yet arrived. I told the D.A. he wasn't coming...I told her that was his modus operandi, so he could flaunt himself to them, as if he were saying, "You don't tell me what to do." She told me he had to show, that he had no choice. One half hour later she told me the hearing was postponed...it seems Father Vincente had a medical emergency!


No comments:

Post a Comment