Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kangaroo Court & Heat, heat, heat............

My 'hearing' yesterday for the car accident went just about the way I suspected it would...total nonsense! We waited in the Transito office for 15 minutes and then the secretary told us we had to go to a copy store to get a copy of the document the Judge would need. Amazing! Finally the Judge arrived and the other guy's insurance agent (no sign of mine) and the 'hearing' proceeded.

The Judge read the report that I filled out at the accident site and then we signed it....that was the total hearing. Oh, I forgot...she stamped my appointment paper and told me to come back on Friday and I could pick up my driver's license...I didn't have the heart to tell her I'd already paid the expected bribe and had the license in my pocket.

On the way out of the office my insurance agent showed up looking like 'a deer in headlights' and not having a clue about anything. He told me he would go look at the car and then call me to tell me how much deductible I would have to pay. See, I always thought deductible was a pre-determined amount; silly me! Does it sound to you as if the 'Gringo' is about to "get it again"?

Heat: The newspaper says it will be 112 degrees and above everyday this week. It is so humid it's almost difficult to breathe. We have been experiencing brown outs and this morning the lights in the older boys room all blew out as the power cycles up and down. Pray it doesn't go out all together.

Tomorrow is the second visitation for Gershon, Karen, & Jesus...and who knows what else. I told them again this morning that if they wanted to go live with their mother they could and we would still love them; however, I told them that if they wanted to live with us they would have to fight for themselves, they would have to tell the IHNFA supervisor and tell their mother they wanted to remain in our family. I told them they needed to tell their mother they loved her, but they wanted to live here...if that's the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment