Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Will's Visit To The Homeless Ministry

Will here.

Yesterday I accompanied Bob to Terry and Shari's ministry to listen to Bob preach. For me it was pretty cool! For one, I have been wanting to see their ministry at work for a while now and two, I really enjoy listening to God's WORD being preached. I never get tired of hearing His WORD. I pray that eventually God will bless me with the privilege and honor of preaching His WORD because that is a burning desire that I have had for a long time now.

As I was there listening to Bob and observing the poor in the building, my heart was heavy and I was continually reminded of how God has blessed me so much....even when I did not know Him. I was blessed to be raised in the States. I never had to worry about when my next meal would be, what I would have to wear, when my next shower would be, never having to fear about being shot or stabbed on the street, etc.

I was also amazed to see the poorest of the poor wanting to sow into a ministry of God. They willingly reached into their pockets and gave unto the Lord. Such a powerful statement! For me it was like watching the widow placing the two coins (which was all she had in her name) she had in the basket (Mark 12:38-44). These people had nothing and yet they gave! For those of us who are so blessed by God we find it extremely difficult to even give a tenth of what we have or even what God lays on our hearts! We as mankind are so stubborn sometimes. We desire more when we have all that we need. Instead of giving we desire to store up for no reason at all. This is not aimed at anyone...just my heart. For me it was hard. I wanted to converse with them so much....but I couldn't due to my own inability to speak fluently. Talk about frustration!

Eventually, I got to help serve the individual's their meals. For me that was awesome. I could not converse with them, but I could serve them. For me it was such a rewarding and humbling experience. It is definitely an awesome ministry that Terry and Shari have. Please pray for them as they will eventually need a new facility in which they can continue to serve our Lord that they so love and those on the streets!

Thanks for listening......well, reading! :)

P.S.: I had pictures but they turned out to be pretty blurry for some odd reason! :(

1 comment:

  1. Do you know Sherri and Terri I believe we know the same people.. We went to Honduras at the same time when they decided God has called them to ministry what a small world they are from where I am from same church ect.. Small world. Anne

    ReplyDelete