Monday, April 11, 2011

A Huge Blessing!

Will here!

I've had a pair of glasses for the last 3 years. My eyes are pretty bad so I had to use my glasses while drilling. Over the last 3 months, they got scratched up pretty bad and towards the end of March it become pretty difficult for me to read or drive. I planned to use the $1500 I was receiving from my tax return (which still hasn't come in) to purchase some new glasses when I returned to Honduras. God had another plan! I returned to the states on the 30th of March. That Friday (the 1st of April), I visited Zad Tomberlin (One of the three men that God used to really shape my walk) and his wife Tory just to see how they were doing. I told them about my glasses and Tory wanted to help me. She tried to clear out some of the scratches but they were so bad that she accidentally made it worse. They immediately contacted the head deacon of their church, Larry, and asked him if there was any way that he could set me up with an emergency replacement with Zad and Tory covering the cost (which I did not like).

The next Monday (the 4th) Larry set me up with Jack Raby Opticals. They couldn't copy my prescription in the right lens because it was so scratched up. I had to go to the Wal-mart vision center in Madisonville and have the optometrist fax in my prescription to Jack Raby Optical. They received the fax and said they would try to have my new pair of glasses in by that Thursday (the 7th) which was really pushing the envelope.

Wednesday night I received a phone call from Tory. She had some news for me. Turns out, that Larry paid for my frames (yes I said "frames") and that Jack Raby (the owner of the optical store) paid for my lenses. I had new glasses for free! Plus, I had TWO NEW PAIRS!!!! They gave me a pair to drill with and a pair to wear when not working!!! Is God not GREAT!!!???

It blows my mind! Because of His love for us, He promises to meet our needs. Not just today or tomorrow....but ALL OF OUR LIVES!!! Like a friend of mine says...."God will always blow your mind". Boy is that true!?

Thank you Larry and Jack!

By the way.....here is a photo from yesterday that Bob did not show you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment