Thursday, May 6, 2010

I've been "Hondurased"

Yesterday I went to the warehouse to pick up the air compressor so we could start drilling. A week ago I happened to be at the warehouse and noticed that the compressor was closed in with boxes and I asked the supervisor if she could have it cleared by yesterday...you know, don't you?

It was worse than before; it was still closed in inside the warehouse and now there were two containers parked in front of the door with no cab under them to move them. When she saw my obvious discontent the supervisor started toward me armed with a multitude of Honduran excuses, none of which I wanted to hear. In an effort to not lose my Christian witness God gave me the grace to tell her I would return on Monday, if she could assure me she would have the path cleared. I was afraid to allow her to tell me it would be done later that day or the next only to return to same situation. So, I opted for Monday....I got "Hondurased"!

The chicken pox is still around although some are beginning to dry up while others are just breaking out. We did allow Angel, Karen, & Rosa to return to school today.

No comments:

Post a Comment