Thursday, May 13, 2010

IHNFA continues to Attack

This afternoon I took Gershon, Karen, & Jesus for another 'forced' visit with their birth mother at the IHNFA offices. However, this time she wasn't late; SHE DIDN'T SHOW! It was actually what I was praying for...I thought if she didn't show and demonstrated her unreliability IHNFA would relent and see that the kids were better off where they were.

But it had the opposite effect on Irma...she went into panic mode, literally using three phones at once to make calls to find a solution to her new 'problem'...no place to send the kids. She finally succeeded in finding a Judge who agreed to make the kids show up in court next Wednesday morning at 8:00 a.m. to be questioned by her with the ultimate goal of removing the children from our care.

When Irma wouldn't answer me, or even acknowledge my presence, I lost a little self-control and got 'in her face' a bit. I asked her why she was trying so desperately to take all of our children and her response was feigned surprise and a weak denial. When I told her I knew she had been offering our children to other orphanages she just quit talking to me altogether. I asked her to tell me if she honestly believed the kids would be better off somewhere else, and she refused to answer me. Instead she shoved a handwritten (I watched her write as she spoke on the phone) note under my nose telling me of the appointment w/the judge.

In desperation I called the First Lady's secretary knowing I had little chance of actually getting through to her...BUT I DID! She agreed to meet me at her office in an hour which gave me time to take the kids home, pick up Joyce, and make the meeting. She told me she was glad I called because she had been trying to reach me and had lost my number. She said the First Lady wanted an update on the situation and was coming to town tomorrow along with her assistant in charge of restaffing this IHNFA office. I told her I realized how busy everyone would be but told her if they could make any time at all we would love to have the First Lady, her assistant, or the secretary come by the house and visit w/the children. She made notes as we re-told the story to her and promised to make sure everyone got the update. She seemed extremely positive to us that this should not happen and she would help to fight for us.

Joyce & I left very encouraged, but cautious! We have come to understand that it doesn't have to make sense, earthly or moral, for something bad to happen here. We are still in great danger of losing our children and we ask for your fervent, consistent prayers! We need to call upon all the forces of heaven to break down our enemy and the bible makes it clear that when many pray together great things happen. Let's be a part of making something great happen! PLEASE, PLEASE PRAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment