Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Honduran Justice???

I spent this morning at the Transito Office (traffic police) trying to get a Honduran driver's license. The first guy was very helpful taking me straight to the head of the line and to the teller to pay for my license. Then he told me, "Because you don't have your residency card your license will cost $450.00 U.S.!" Obviously I told him, "No thank you."

I got back into the truck and headed home when I remembered the lawyer who the new Mayor's wife had hooked me up with. I gave him and a call and he told me he would call back in a few minutes. Shortly later he called and told me he'd spoken with the Chief of Police and that I should return to the Transito Oficino and look for Comisario Paz. When the kids (Gershon, Fabi, & Mauricio) and I walked into the office Comisario Paz was waiting for us and took us directly to the Director of Transito. With his step by step guidance we were led through the process and this time instead of asking for $450 they ask for 480 limperas or approx. $24! I now have my Honduran driver's license in hand!

It's still all about who you know and fortunately for us Jesus knows all the right people!!!

1 comment:

  1. PRAISE GOD!!!! WHOO!!! GLORY TO HIM!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!! These help me get uplifted in my daily journey of life! Thank you so much Bob for doing this! You all stay in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete