Thursday, July 30, 2009

Policia donation!

With things so bad economically, here in the country the policia have set-up road checks about every two blocks....not really, but it seems like it. You can't go anywhere without getting stopped.

Well, today was my turn...Joyce, Gershon, Mauricio, Fabiola, & myself were headed out to do some errands when we got stopped. Mauricio & Gerhson were in the front with me and both were buckled. The cop (a young looking ....bleep) saw that and went for something else...he said I had to have a license plate on the front. I showed him our papers and told him we had 3 months to get Honduran plates...that didn't please him and neither did my telling him we had a lawyer. Next he claimed that the kids had to be 12 to be in the front seat. I told him there was no such law here, but he insisted and began to write a ticket, which means he keeps all my documents (license, title, etc.) and I have to go to the Transit Station within the next three days to pay. So, I knew he had me and asked if I couldn't just pay him there and he could give me back my license. I offered 2oo limperas and he said he couldn't because he'd already begun to write the ticket. I offered 500 limperas and he said, "Okay, but the money is going to the Transit Station."

When he started to write the ticket for the kids not being 12 I wanted to tell him they were...Gershon is in fact 15, but Mauricio is only 10...you know God wouldn't allow me to and He and I are still talking about that. I suppose I'm going to lose this battle as well!

However, I found a hairdresser for Joyce and she has an appointment for Tues., so today inspite of the policia, I am a hero at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You should have tried crying, it got my wife out of 2 tickets.

    ReplyDelete