Monday, November 7, 2011

Will's Honduras Update 11/7/2011

Things here have been good. The Sipes have been a TREMENDOUS help and I am really learning how to handle some things (in terms of working with kids) just from observing them. Since I haven't really had to think about doing what I can for Bob and Joyce I have been able to focus more on the children and I have begun to pick up more on their personalities. It is so cool to see how the kids have changed for the better in some areas of their personalities and in their lives.

Tuesday: I dropped Bob and Joyce off at the airport

Tuesday-Thursday: From lunch until late in the afternoon the Sipes helped the kids focus on their studies while I tried to put together a sermon for Sunday. That was a HUGE relief off of my back.

Friday: The kids finished their tests which meant.....NO MORE STUDYING and time for some well earned fun! That night, we all took the kids to the nearby mall and let them play games for a little bit and they all had a great time. Alba joined us and she had a fun time as well. After, Jen and the kids watch a movie called "Hotel for Dogs" while Jay and I talked for quite a while about Christ, God's Sovereignty, our testimonies, and much more.

Saturday: There was a lot of driving back and forth. First, I had to take Mauricio and Rosa to art class, then I picked them up from, after that I took Fabi to her class and picked her up an hour later. After all of that, Jay, Jen, and I took the kids to their play practice and after that, a family from the church we attend took the kids out to pizza hut to give the three of us a break (which was very kind and nice of them). The three of used the time to relax. I grabbed Jay and Jen a pizza then Alba and I went out for a quick bite to eat at Baleadas Express. Pretty neat when you can get a bite to eat for $3!!! It was a time that Alba and I really needed together and we were able to talk and she was able to encourage me so overall it was great. After, Mauricio and I played with the cat then went to bed.

Sunday: I preached for the second time and it was on Mark 14:3-9. After Church, we took the kids out to lunch then came home, the kids then helped Jen make tye-dye cupcakes, We then ate tiny hamburgers and watched the movie "Blindside" that Jay and Jen had brought down for the kids to see.

Overall it has been a good time. Bob and Joyce are hard at work in TN so please pray for them that they will have some time to relax as well.

Here are some pics from throughout the week:

"The cat dishing out some of Mauricio's own medicine"

"Celebrating Angels birthday (again) on Thursday"

"There was so much studying that the cat was even wore out!"

"Jen playing Uno with Rosa while Cesar is performing a wordsearch"

"A very deep game of cards going on here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment