Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Worm begins to turn...

Well...the culture is beginning to strike back at us...I got the truck back from the accident and it is paid for so I'm good to go there. I also gave the mechanic the total amount of his bill on the estimate for the repair of the other truck. Now he tells me he has a problem...he says the insurance company didn't allot him enough money.

When he goes into to detail on why I need to give him more money he loses me in the Spanish so he says I need to bring Mauricio with me and we will talk. Now, I could use your prayers...I may not understand perfect Spanish, but I think I understand when someone is trying to work me for more money; and I don't take kindly to it!!! Pray I won't lose my testimony when he tells me I have to pay more!

This is one of the biggest stresses of living in these countries...even the 'good guys' end up trying to work you for more! It really gets old after a while and right now I'm not in the mood for it, if you know what I mean.

It's amazing sometimes how quickly Satan counterattacks: after a great day of evangelizing yesterday, we get the 'full frontal' this morning. It will all work out in the end, but you have to know I'd like a 'free pass' just for a day so I could handle this in my flesh. Prayerfully, I will not do that. Stay tuned for the continuing saga.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment