Saturday, May 28, 2011

Will's Update pt. 2 5/28/2011

In part 1 I talked about the 3 paraplegic children of Eliadora. Here are my thoughts on Eliadora.

I do not know how old she is but she appeared to be in her late 30's early 40's. Physically she looked tired. It is just her and her 4 kids. They live in a 2 roomed concrete shack with a tiny bathroom. Some things that really hit me about her was the fact that she has stuck by the sides of the these 3 kids for 21 years now. In my opinion, she is a perfect example of a mothers love. In a country like this the usual answer is to just dump the children off somewhere or just let them die. Eliadora has raised and loved these 3. For me it is hard to imagine. Raising three children that can not talk to you...just cry. Children that can not give you a hug, a kiss, unable to show any form of affection towards you. She could easily abandon them (especially when that is what the culture does) but she won't. If I was in her position, I could honestly see myself asking God, during the 21 years I have been raising them, "please take them. Let them die Lord. I can't take it anymore and I can't stand to see them suffer." I can only imagine the quiet strength that she has in her heart. She is truly a testament of motherly love. In a way, she is a prisoner in her home. She can not go out and relax, take a vacation, visit friends and other family. She is tied to that house because the three can not leave it. Try to imagine all of your privileges to go and do as you please having been taken away. Losing all of your social life. Can you imagine living like that? To be honest, when you see her and her children, you find yourself asking:"Why?" "Why, God, would you allow this to happen?"

I'm not having doubts about God or anything like that...but, those are questions that I can guarantee you would find yourself asking if you were to visit her.

We take a lot for granted in our lives. We fail to see the many blessings that God has given us. Even the big things that we view as small. To be honest, I can't think of a time I ever thanked God just for giving me the ability to talk, move, see, etc. Things that God could easily take away.

Joyce leaves Tuesday. Please pray for her safety and refreshing. Pray for the many victims and families of victims that were affected by the tornadoes and floods in the states.

Thank you all for reading. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment