Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Will's Update (M.I.A)

Will here, I just entered the 7th hour of my 11hr layover so guess what I'm doing? Enjoying the free Wi-fi and the air conditioned facility!!! Actually, those are the only things I'm enjoying right now whereas for Bob, he has to drive up to San Luis De Santa Barbara all by his lonesome and work in the 95 degree heat. Originally, I was supposed to get into Atlanta around 9:40 A.M. BUT, plans were changed. So now I'm here until 4 p.m. and I will not arrive in Hotlanta until 6 p.m. Soooo....I can honestly tell you that my eyeballs, right now, feel like they want to go on strike. Also, I never thought in my entire life that I would hear so many different languages in one day! Thus far I have heard French, German, Russian, Spanish (which is good) and VERY LITTLE ENGLISH.

Anyway, in the time that I have been here....I still have that "alien" feeling that stuck with me the last two years I was in the states. My legal home no longer feels like home. I feel like a stranger in my own country. One of the few times that I have heard English today, I was listening in and watching two young men my age converse. It was weird, even though I was of the same nationality...I felt like a Honduran listening to two Americans (if that makes any sense to you guys). I'm curious to see how I feel throughout the rest of the week!

Pa-ka!...au revoir...Auf Wiedersehen....Luego....bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment