Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Senor Jalapeno!!!

When any short term mission teams are in, they are usually treated to a meal at a restaurant in the area named "Larson's". When Bob started to take teams from our home church (FBC Tellico) in Tellico Plains, a tradition was started! What is this tradition you ask? Let me explain:

When a mission team comes down, each individual has to eat a fresh and uncooked Jalapeno pepper! If you are on a return trip, you have the option of not taking part. Bob thinks the whole "tradition" is ridiculous, but he never does seem to stop laughing whenever someone takes a bite (especially a BIG one) out of the pepper. I took part in it twice and have seen quite a few people eat one as well. I will admit to all of you.....I like watching more than I do taking part in it. :)

When the Wullimans came down last week, Jeff (the son) gladly took part in the tradition and became the latest victim of "Senor Jalapeno"!!! I will however say this, he ate the ENTIRE jalapeno with one bite and he is the only individual I have seen do that. I have yet to coerce Bob into participating......all of you may have to pray really hard if you want that to happen. Many have tried pressuring him into it but none have succeeded! :(

Here is Jeff's experience:

1 comment:

  1. Bob is too Americanized for that! Of course at his age, he should not have much in the way of tastebuds to be affected by the pepper lol! You may have to mix it into his mac & cheese.

    ReplyDelete