Saturday, October 12, 2013

Remorse, but Greater Celebration...

Today I'm feeling remorse because I can't watch the Penn State/Michigan football game! I know...a lot of you are saying, "so what?" But you need to know that I live and breath PSU!

However, the reason I can't watch the game gives me great cause for celebration: Today I will be officiating in the first wedding ceremony for our village church, Los Discipulos de Jesus! Carlos & Maritza, one of the strongest couples in the village, are getting married today! That's right; they are getting married...all this time I just assumed they were married, but it was not so. They have been living together for approximately 20 years and have produced 3 children, but were never married. Since we began our church in the village the two of them have seen their spiritual lives come alive and God has given them a hunger and thirst for Himself! As a result the Holy Spirit has convicted them to get their lives completely right before God.

Two weeks ago Carlos came to me and told me he wanted to be baptized! Again, I had assumed he had been baptized since he knew the Word pretty well and obviously had accepted Jesus as his savior. However, like the marriage thing, he had never gotten baptized. So, our family and his family took him to a river just above our new home and baptized Carlos! Now this afternoon, 5:00 p.m., they will unite in holy matrimony! Their prayer is their example will inspire others to allow the Holy Spirit to lead them to a righteous walk as well.

1 comment: