Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Will's Honduras Update 7/19/2011

Hey guys! Sorry it has been such a while!

The States:

I arrived safely back in Honduras on the 15th after being back in the states since the 9th. It was a bittersweet 9 days.

When I returned in April to renew my visa, I was in a hurry to return to Honduras. I wanted to get back to work on drilling, I wanted to be back with Bob and Joyce, I wanted to return to the kids because I was fearing my absence was doing more harm than good in terms of my relationship with them, and I wanted to get to see Alba after having such a wonderful weekend with her prior to leaving.
This time, when I was back in the States, I yearned for both Honduras and Tellico. You never really know how much a place or the people in that place mean to you until you have to leave it. That is how it was for me when I returned to Tellico to see my family at home and of my church. I missed the times of just sitting around a campfire with friends late at night. I missed sitting with Tim, Patrick, Paige, Chris, and others while laughing so hard that I couldn't breath. I missed hanging out with my buddy Brandon for hours just talking about Jesus and playing NCAA Football. I missed seeing my pastor. I missed seeing my little sister Danielle and a lot of other things. However, while back in the states I also missed the new family that God gave me here in Honduras and Alba. I missed hearing Bob's funny but corny jokes, Joyce's awesome cooking and wondering if she was okay, Rosa's goodnight hug, Mauricio's and Fabiola's wisecracks, and I missed being with Alba and the laughs we have over my mishaps with Spanish. I found myself wishing how I could have both worlds...the family, friends, and fellowship of Tellico Plains....and those of which I have here in Honduras such as: the peace in my heart, the family, and Alba.

Even though I had these thoughts (and ALOT more) going through my head....none of the people and things mentioned above surpass the love and desire I have for Christ and serving Him here in Honduras. All I want is to make Him proud. I want Him to say to me one day: "Well done my good and faithful servant!". Everything that I have sacrificed for Him (my family, friends, career, finances) I truly count as rubbish in comparison to Him. He is my everything. He is the ONLY reason why I have all the great memories, my family, and my friends of Tellico. He is the ONLY reason why I have this family and Alba here in Honduras.

I would rather have Him and lose everything....than to have everything but Him.

Now:

Bob and I are currently drilling in Santa Cruz De Yajoa. We are drilling for a young missionary couple that run a missionary school for "Teen Missions". It is up in the mountains and the Mosquitoes there are complete and utter BEASTS!!! Bob keeps saying that they love white meat and I believe him! Makes me wish I had an air-conditioned, biohazard suit! I'm not sure if they exist, but it sure would be nice to have one!

Starting on the 28th we will have a 22-person team. 3 will come on the 28th and they will be My pastor's wife Marilyn Parker (who has known the kids since 2009) and 2 girls. Then on the 29th we will meet up with the remainder of the team and they will be from Washington D.C. Please pray for their travels to and from the country.

Thank you all for your prayers and help. For those of you who support me on a monthly basis. I OWE you a HUGE "Thank You".

Dios Te Benidiga!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment