Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Will's Update (Tullahoma) PT. 1

Hola mi familia en Jesus Cristo! This week has been long but truly rewarding! I enjoyed every minute of it.......well, except the times Bob, Joyce, and I had to make 25+ PB&J sandwiches every morning. :)

This week we hosted a wonderful and close-knit team from First Baptist Church of Tullahoma, TN. These guys were fantastic! They were an absolute blast to be with. I have never seen such a strong group of believers...especially, their youth! When the time came for them to leave I did not want them to go. I can not tell all of you how great it was to have fellowship with other individuals 24/7 that spoke English!

The reason why I have the title of this update labeled "pt. 1", is due to the fact that I had a lot of thoughts throughout the week and I am aiming to share all that I can during the course of this week in separate e-mails.

So whats for part 1? Here we go:

We had to pick Tim up an hour or so before the team arrived in the airport. Turns out, both flights were delayed due to storms in Miami so we had to wait longer than what was expected. By the time the night was over we had the team and Tim at the hostel around 12:30 A.M. After all the delays and setbacks of the day I had a feeling this was going to be an awesome week!

For Day 1 of the week we all met up at the hostel around 7 A.M., had our morning devotions, then headed to the worksite. We had the family van, a rented van, and the big red machine. Guess who was driving the truck? ME. :) To be honest I was kind've nervous the very first morning because I had never driven the truck through morning traffic and as far as I did. By the time we arrived to the worksite, I enjoyed every minute of the morning drive. Fortunately...so did the individuals riding with me! YES!!!!

We were expecting a lot of work at the job site and we were pretty surprised when we realized how much work we were really in store for when we arrived. We started the day off by using hoes trying to prepare the land to dig the footers and that took FOREVER!!! I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed that part even a bit! That was brutal! The ground was super hard and it took all day before the footers could be dug. Halfway through the day Tim, Bob, 2 members from the team, mauricio and I had to head out to the city to pick up some blocks for the house. That was also another big surprise! When we arrived, we discovered that the place that sold the blocks didn't have any (we were Hondurased)! Since they were out of the blocks, we had to drive all the way to the other side of the city. When we arrived we learned that they had the blocks....it just took an hour and a half for the foreman that was with us to set it up to where we could pick the blocks up (literally) and deliver them. On the way back Joyce informed called Bob and informed him that the team at the worksite had to leave because there was nothing else they could do. The heat was just getting to everybody and there was no more work that could be done until the footers were dug. Two locals were going to take care of that. When the 6 of us returned to the site, we had to unload the blocks from the big red machine and I enjoyed that part! That was the end of Day 1. Day 2 in part 2!

God bless guys and thank you all for your prayers and support! You guys are awesome!

Dios Te Bendiga!!!
"These aren't Legos we played with"

"Tim poking away"

"Breaking ground"

"Wee-man hulking out (Caution: WILL STRIKE)"

No comments:

Post a Comment