Friday, June 17, 2011

Will's Honduras Update 6/17/2011

Buenas mi familia!

Other than the heat, things here have been pretty good besides some constant problems from three of the children. Myself...I earned the name "Senor Madre" during the past two weeks! When Joyce left I was a little worried about filling her shoes for two weeks but she took care of some things to make it a wee bit easier and I can tell you now that I feel much more confident about having to "take control" if Bob and Joyce are ever blessed with an opportunity to take a trip back home (which they need desperately). The only problem would be the cooking part.....

...Grilled cheese sandwiches aren't so bad. :)

Sunday we have a team of 21 people coming in and I am excited to see how the rest of the week goes. The team is from First Baptist Church of Tullahoma, TN. It is the church's youth group (along with some parents) and they are coming primarily to build a house for the poor, perform some VBS's, and to minister to a local hospital. Tim is also coming down to help out too so I'm pretty excited about that.

Mauricio, Fabiola, and Angel performed great on their final's and are now out of school until August. This is their favorite time of the year because they really enjoy ministering with other teams especially Fabiola. Fabiola and Angel will also be taking summer courses to improve their English.

I return to the States on July 6th and so far I have 3 meetings with pastors lined up. I will also present on the 10th at my church (FBC Tellico) and I am pretty excited about that. They have really helped me through the process of being a missionary and I owe them a presentation.

As I mentioned in the last update, Alba and I continue to grow closer together. I continue to "impress" her with my Spanish and we are communicating really well. There are a few times when my brain just has a meltdown and I can't speak or listen but those moments are beginning to be rare. The last week or two we have been able to have some time together but the next few weeks are going to be difficult. The team comes in Sunday afternoon and will not leave until the 25th so I will not be able to see her at all that week. The following week we might be able to have a day or two to be together but then I fly out shortly after.

As far as my airfare to return back to Honduras goes...it still is not set in concrete but I hope to return on July 15th. I have to be back by the 18th because Bob and I have to go drill up in the mountains for a young couple that runs a ministry that produces Honduran missionaries who go out to minister to their own people. Pray for the airfare please. The plan is to schedule a flight back for the 15th and a return flight back to the States in January. Joyce brought back my police records which are needed to begin the process of my residency. If I can begin the process of my residency I need only to go to immigrations once a month and pay $20 or $30 a month in order to renew my visa instead of having to fly in and out of the country every 90 days. If the "residency" thing does not work I'll drive to the Guatemalan border every 3 months and renew my visa that way.

Thank all of you for praying and those of you who give. You guys are changing the lives of these children and helping them to be molded into the "life-changers" God plans them to be. Thank you for praying for this family and thank you for your faith.

Your brother,
Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment