Monday, February 7, 2011

Swimming against the current...

Today Will & I finally picked up our air compressor and headed back to San Luis to finish the well there...well it wasn't quite that simple! We pulled into the repair shop and backed up to the compressor and the technician said, "What's up with your tire?" Actually nothing...it was FLAT! It was on one of the dual wheels so we were able to drive a few miles down the road and get it repaired (2 hours). I tried to purchase some new tires, but they didn't have any to fit the truck so we headed back to the repair shop.

This time we picked up the compressor and actually were on our way, 3 hours after we had left our house! We were nearly at the top of the mountain on a deserted stretch of road when I heard that all too familiar noise outside my window...I pulled over and sure enough...another flat! This time on the front. It took forever, and all the strength Will had, but we finally got the truck jacked up and tire removed(our jack looks like it's for a tonka toy), However, we couldn't do anything about changing it because our brand new spare tire is secured underneath the truck and the device needed to lower it had been stolen in customs on the way into the country. (I've had many people tell me they would make one for me and many others tell me they could find one for me; however, we were without the tool!)

I was able to reach Daniel and fortunately he loaded up another jack and made the one hour trip out to our location. Once he got there we jacked up the back of the truck and moved one of the duals up front and put the flat tire on the back with the other dual. Now we headed into the mountain to a pueblo where Daniel knew a tire repair man. Sure enough, the guy plugged the tire and we were good to go. Daniel blessed us by taking the compressor the rest of the way to his house. Why didn't Will and I continue on to the drill site? I made on small omission when packing for the trip....the key to the drill rig!!!

Yes, I'm a blooming ........., but Satan doesn't win that easily! We will buy new tires tomorrow and head back to San Luis...as Daniel says, "manana is a very important Spanish word!"

1 comment: