Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Huge, but pleasant surprise...

Last night I received a phone call from Irma! Irma is the 'hefe' or boss of IHNFA the "Child Welfare System" of Honduras and it was she who was in the middle of the removal of Gershon, Karen, and Jesus when we last spoke. Naturally, I wasn't thrilled to be hearing from her again.

She didn't tell me what she wanted; only that I should be at her office today at 3:00 p.m. Joyce and I arrived there on time and were promptly ushered into Irma's office where she began to tell us of her need to visit us and that she expected us to take her to our house right now. So, we loaded up and headed to the house. Fortunately we had told Will to put a movie in for the kids so when we arrived there wasn't a lot of commotion going on. Irma came in and spoke to the children each very briefly and then ask for a tour of the house. Joyce and I took her to each room and told her who occupied each of them and then she was done.

She told us she was very pleased with us that she could see the happiness in the children's faces and see the growth in their bodies, that she would çontinue' to help us (?), that it was her responsibility to help us, and that she would tell the judge that all was good in our family. We have no idea what any of that means, but it is certainly much better than what we had feared. In our Bible study in the morning we told the kids about her call and ask them to pray to God asking for protection from any attack she might bring against us. We also, had Will gather the children at precisely 3:00 p.m. and pray the same prayer again.

We got more than protection...we got a glowing report! Thank you, Jesus!

5 comments:

  1. Praise God.. I know how hard it is to adopt or do anything in Hondurous with the children over there.. I have been there and have Missionary friends over there I have been to Pastor Mis'elle (miss spelled) BIG church in San Pedro Sula, Been in the villages way back. It changed my life. We are in a tough adoption our self we are in a raise before time we are Adopting a Russian last chance orphan from Russia they kick them out on the streets after 16 his birthday is March 9,2011 his mother passed away 1 year ago and that is why he is in there we found him thru a hosting program and fell in love with him.. While I pray for you can you please pray for Kolya and the Petitts we Believe God Can do a Miracle and we believe with all our hearts God has called us to take care of his Orphan no matter what the odds are against us we are trying to get I600A paper work to get to I600 Immigration done.., Thank you and I love your family GOd bless I so excited God did protect you and gave you favor.. He is faithful to do exceedingly and abundantly more than what we could ever ask. AnneP

    ReplyDelete
  2. count them 10 little blessings this precious family has retired to take care of oh how sweet they are.. LORD I pray you will bless them
    mightly.. These children have a forever family now they are growing and eating and not living on the streets or where ever they was living anymore.. God I come against any Devouring Spirit and Spirit of Division that wants to break apart, hurt and separate this family in any way shape or firm.. I bind it in the name of Jesus.LOre I just thank you for finding this family to love these precious child cause they are special in your eyes and I thank you for keeping them together.. Lord why do we fear you have our backs and our best interest and there is nothing impossible for you.. THank you Lord Thank you Lord.. My heart is tender for this country and these people I have been there and I know what they live in I have seen these children in the streets sniffing glue to stay warm and make them full.. Oh God keep this family together by the power that raise Jesus Christ from the dead. IN Jesus Name AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne,

    Thank you for your thoughtful and powerful prayers; they paid dividends. You may count on our prayers for Kolya and your family as you 'fight the good fight' for Kolya.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bob.. I will keep you posted we did get our fingers printed today in Atlanta so we have 2 weeks till the 9th and we are truely just trusting GOd and HIS will in all this. We are waiting for a reply from Russia about the letter we sent last Tuesday telling them we wanted Kolya so it is up to them whether they decide to get the paper work done... God ultimately has the kings heart in His hands so we are relying on KINGDOM CONNECTIONS? Where exactly are you we have missionaries coming to the SanPedro Sula area in July and Oct it would be great if they could help with anything you might need repairs ect talk soon God Bless and keep praying. thanks so much for reply.. I do love looking at what God has done for you all and I love the people in Hondurous.. God bless Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. so we may not have to send "Vinny" over there I guess?

    ReplyDelete