Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Peaks, Valleys, & back to the middle ground

PEAK:
Can you say, "Praise the Lord"? We finally got our truck out of the port this morning! It was such a huge relief to be behind the wheel again and to be able to have some control on our lives.

VALLEY: The police stopped me on the way home and after looking at my papers said they were giving me a ticket because they waved me over and I didn't respond right away. They said they had to chase me and now I was getting a ticket. This was the ultimate 'final straw' for me...I just couldn't take anymore and I exploded. In my broken Spanish I told them they were lying, that they knew I pulled over immediately and that I wasn't paying anymore bribes. I told them they were the reason no one wants to help Honduras, because they were trying to steal from me. One of the cops told me he was giving me a ticket anyway and I told him to go ahead, but I wasn't paying anything. I again told him he was lying and that he knew he was lying. A friend came by and saw me and stopped to help and he kept telling me to calm down, but it was way too late for that...
Only by the grace of God did I not end up in jail. In the end the police stuck my license out toward me and told me to go on my way! Thank you Jesus for covering for me!

MORE VALLEY: Just after leaving the police stop I lost the brakes on the truck and had to limp home...when I got there I saw the brake fluid leaking out of the rear driver's side brakes. I bought brake fluid and limped, again, to a brake shop and discovered I had absolutely no brakes left.

MIDDLE GROUND: Got the brakes repaired, returned home and picked up Joyce and the three oldest and we headed out to the grocery store. It felt as if we were on a wild vacation after having been trapped for the past 11 days. Now we begin trying to catch up on all the things we were supposed to be doing for the past week and a half; but at least I can go to bed tonight knowing I don't have to make the trip to Puerto Cortez...thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment