Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Frustrations

Tenth day travelling to Puerto Cortez for the truck and the 10th day of returning without the truck! If I told you everything that went wrong you would think I was making it up. It's more stupid than you could ever believe! For example, today they made arrangements w/a specific customs agent to have him sign the release papers, after taking a bribe of course,; but then he went on break and we had to go back to the bank to get another agent assigned. Then we went to the lot and paid the bribe (through the chain link fence, in front of everybody) and he sent us away to where the truck is short one paper. The people where the truck is told us we had to return to get the other paper, which we did, and when we got back the bank there closed and we had to come home...AGAIN!

I can think of no reason why we shouldn't get it today, but............

We got a new medication for Cesar that's supposed to improve his learning and obedience skills...sounds goofy to me, but we'll see. We take Antonio for another evaluation on Thur.


1 comment:

  1. I hope that people reading this are willing to help you financially. What you are doing is just amazing to me. I served a 2 year mission for our church in Argentina and it was a great experience but difficult at times. I cannot imagine doing it with the responsibility of all of those children. I have made a small donation and I hope to make more. I am of another faith, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but we are all humble followers of Jesus. I will pray for your protection and succes. May God bless you in the great work you are doing. Sincerely,
    Jason Campbell

    ReplyDelete