Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bits & Pieces...

We continue to work on getting the house completely repaired for 'easy livin'... we still are having some problems with tiles coming up (the builder did a lousy job of putting down quikset, but just about everything else is in good shape.

We just picked up an 8 foot long wooden table that we had hand-made up the mountains. It's beautiful and it's nice to have us all actually looking at each other during meals. We had this made for $60 U.S.; can you believe that?

Our new home has a small in-ground pool which the kids absolutely love....if they've been good they are in it almost everyday the sun's out (remember we're in Honduras, always sunny). Will & I are still trying to figure out how to keep the water clear, but if you put our brains together it comes out like the pool water...cloudy!

Today Will and I went out to pay some bills and here's our experience: at the Immigration Office where I had to extend the Visas of Joyce & I the girl purposely kept us waiting for nearly an hour...why, because she can! Then we went to pay our vehicle insurance, which I did; however, they (the insurance office) didn't have any change so I had to make a return trip just to get my change (did I say it is on the other side of the city?) Next we went to pay our cable & internet bill, but despite the fact I gave them our contract they couldn't find any record of me in their system and therefore, couldn't take my payment. After waiting for 1/2 hour I told them to call me when they found something...haven't heard from them yet. We went to check on my computer which was supposed to have been repaired last Wednesday, then moved to Saturday...on Sat. they told me it would be done today...today they told me it would done tomorrow...anybody feel like betting?

Tried to pick up the air compressor, but they haven't finished it yet. They called and told me they had, but when I asked them about one of the problems we discussed they told me they forgot to check it. Then they said it would done yesterday, but it's still not ready...no surprises.

Will has been a real blessing to us..even though we haven't been able to drill yet, he has taken a big load off of us w/the kids. The kids love him and it is reciprocal. Right now he's in his room w/Fabi & Mauricio doing a Bible Study for them. He's worked up the courage to drive the kids to school in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. As soon as we get our compressor back I think we will be able to make some progress in the drilling area that will be a boone to us financially...at least that's our plan.

Everyone is healthy, just a minor earache for Antonio, and we're enjoying the benefits of our new home. Joyce is digging in the dirt everyday (planting flowers and vines) and it's like therapy for her, the kids love their new found space, and I love that we are twice as close to everywhere we need to go in the city. We are truly blessed........THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment