Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Floodgates have Broken...

You all know that we have been having a very difficult time lately and today was no exception. Just when I thought I might finish a well the mud pump blew a seal and is blowing oil everywhere. That's just the latest straw in a series of mind-boggling setbacks for us.

HOWEVER.....
The Lord's rewards make everything seem as if nothing! Lately we have been really pressing in on the kids to think about Christ and tonight the dam burst! It all started with Cesar who this morning asked me if he could invite Jesus into his heart. I told him to think about it during the day and if he still wanted to to remind me tonight...he reminded me 3 times! Joyce, Emily, Fabi, & myself took Cesar to our room and ask him to explain to us why he wanted to invite Jesus into his heart and what he thought it would mean in his life if Jesus were with him. He said he wanted to change and knew he couldn't w/o Jesus and he wanted to be able to go to heaven and not hell. We ask him to explain some scriptures for us and he did it perfectly and now Cesar is a child of the King! We wish you could have seen him beaming when we told him he now had a door in heaven w/his name on it!

As we were getting ready to leave the room Mauricio came in with Gershon and Antonio and told us they wanted to accept the Lord. We went through the same process w/them and in fact we were a little tougher trying to be certain they really meant it and were not just following suit. As much as we can determine (and of course only God knows) they are fully sincere. They, too, beamed as we talked about their place in heaven and that they were co-heirs w/Christ! Hugs and tears were everywhere!

While leaving the room Fabiola said, "I wish Rosa would invite Jesus into her heart." Before I got one foot on the steps to go downstairs Fabiola came out of their room and told me Rosa had been in there crying. I told her to go talk to her. Moments later Fabiola and Karen came downstairs and Fabi told me Karen had helped Rosa accept the Lord!!! (Our first missionary!) We all headed back up stairs, called Rosa into our room and repeated the 'sounding out' process to see if this was real or not. Again, as best as we can ascertain, IT IS REAL! There were more smiles, more tears, and more hugs...more talk of the strength of our family now! It is just unbelievable...it seemed as if nothing would ever go right for us and then this night comes...

I have no idea how to quantify or qualify this night; this is not something I've experienced before. I've been present when others have accepted the Lord and helped some to find their way, but never when it was the fruit of so many months, weeks, days, and hours of trying to bring light to your own! We can only say thank you to each of you...this is certainly your fruit as much as anyone's! Rejoice with us over this day: June 22, 2010!

5 comments:

  1. Praise God! I can't wait for us to get down and give everyone big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so sweet and wonderful. My name is Keedy I'm a friend of Emily's.I know how much she loved these kids and how much it must have meant to her to be here for this event. Continue the amazing work you are doing in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow wow wow this makes all else fade away! God bless and lift you all up and renew you! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HALLELUJAHHHHHH!!! PRAISE THE LORD! GOD IS SOOOO GOOD! He has been listening to our prayers! Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is amazing news! Glory to God!

    ReplyDelete